Gold Standard Certification
Blu Zen Resort is proud to have achieved Tourism Gold Standard Certification. The Tourism Gold Standard 9-point program seeks to enhance the industries health and safety standards by adapting new behaviors and procedures to ensure both employees and guests are confident in the cleanliness and safety standards of the Belize tourism product while ensuring minimal impact on the guest experience. Highlights of the program include:
- Appointing a Gold Standard Program Manager to implement protocols and ensure compliance
- Conduct daily non-evasive health and temperature checks for guests and employees
- Ensure social distancing and use of facemasks for guests and employees
- Implement enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the property using approved products and proper PPE for employees
- Develop a response plan to manage suspected Covid-19 cases including designated quarantine rooms for employees and guests
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with employees and guests relating to protocols and their impact
- Ensure sufficient access to sanitation stations throughout the property
- Reduce physical interaction through digital technologies for check-in/out, contactless payment, on-line ordering, etc.
- Implement training to ensure employees are prepared to manage and implement the new protocols based on their role
Enhanced Sanitation Procedures
OUR COMMITMENT TO CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE
Blu Zen Resort has always taken great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to COVID-19, we have heightened cleaning protocols for our guest rooms and public areas, and increased the frequency of sanitizing all high-touch surfaces throughout the resort, using hospital-grade disinfectants.
PROCEDURES & PROTOCOL
Guest Rooms: Our employees follow CDC COVID-19 approved cleaning and disinfecting protocols while using hospital-grade disinfectants. Rooms are deep cleaned after guests depart and prior to the next guests' arrival, with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces.
Public Areas: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting the common areas, with special detail given to high touch areas. Also, we installed hand sanitation stations throughout the resort. To limit public access inside the resort, access will only be given to registered guests and staff. Notices will be placed throughout the resort in public areas reminding guests to practice social distancing. We are also asking that our guests wear face masks while in the common areas of the resort.
Back of House: We understand that our employees working in the back of the house might not have interaction with guests directly. However, valuing their health as well, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all work areas, with special attention to high touch areas. All back of the house, including kitchen staff, will wear face masks and gloves.
Employees: Our associates’ health is a priority. With that in mind, all staff members will undergo daily temperature readings. All staff will wear masks, and gloves where needed and be encouraged to maintain social distancing while performing their daily jobs. Staff have undergone extensive training on approved disinfecting techniques as well as the importance of proper handwashing. This training will be ongoing as new information becomes available. Staff is reminded that these actions will not only benefit their health, but also the health of those around them, including our guests.
Rest assured that we are committed to continuing the exceptional service that Blu Zen Resort has always provided. It does not matter if you are visiting us soon or in the future, we are waiting to welcome you.
We appreciate your cooperation and consideration for the well being of each of our guests, our team, and the community. We look forward to welcoming you!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your stay with us may look a little different. Please review our updated policies below.
- Furniture arrangements designed to encourage appropriate social distancing in public areas.
- Housekeeping limited to pre and post-stay service only, while allowing guests to request delivery of additional toiletries, towels, linens or other amenities without having a housekeeper enter the room.
- Face coverings required in common areas for guests and staff.
- Non-evasive temperature checks on arrival and during your stay.
- Limited pool capacity to promote safety and social distancing.
- Guests are required to stay on resort premises during entire stay. Private tours by a certified Gold Standard Tour Operator are available and must be booked through the resort only.
- Reservations required for Lotus Restaurant and contactless room service delivery using eco-friendly disposables.
- Full grocery provisioning available.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance to protect you and your family from the unexpected before and during your trip.
Traveller Classifications and Entry Requirements
Belize Safe Corridor for Tourists
Introducing: COVID-19 Deposit & Cancellation Policy*
With the increased uncertainty of what the future holds, we've implemented a new flexible reservation policy for new reservations booked directly with the resort. This allows for one-nights’ deposit at time of booking with full payment automatically processed 30 days prior to arrival. Guests may cancel with full refund anytime up to 30 days prior to arrival.
Guests can change the date of the reservation to any date within the next 12 months, contingent on availability, without penalty or rate change if re-booking in the same Seasonal Rate period. The rate difference will apply if re-booking into a higher Season Rate period.
For group bookings with signed contracts, the terms and conditions of these signed contracts prevail. These contracts include provisions addressing potential cancellations.
*Offer valid for reservations until November 30, 2021, excluding Peak Season dates (Christmas through New Years).