Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get to Blu Zen from the International Airport?
Getting to Caye Caulker is possible by either taking a 10-minute plane ride from the international airport or a 60-minute boat ride from Belize City. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to make these arrangements for you.
2. Do you have anyone-bedroom room condo?
Our smallest units are 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condo apartments.
3. Do tours have to be booked before check in date?
Pre booking a tour is rather optional as most of them can be booked and confirmed at our front desk while you are visiting.
4. Where is Blu Zen located?
Blu Zen is located approximately 1.5 miles North of Caye Caulker village, a short 5-minute boat ride from the centre of town.
5. What type of food does the restaurant serve?
Our onsite restaurant Lotus offers local cuisine and Thai influenced dining. La Fogata, is a new Pizza restaurant that offers wood fired Pizza’s.
6. Does the resort provide complimentary water/transportation?
Yes, we offer complimentary scheduled runs to and from the village.
7. Is US Currency accepted in Belize?
US Currency is accepted throughout the country at a standard exchange rate of $2.00 BZD to $1.00 USD.
8. Do I need to bring a converter for my phone charger?
Belize uses 110-volt, 60 cycle electricity, same as the US. Plugs are typically the 2-pronded flat type so US travelers will not typically need a converter or adapter.
9. Do you accept American Express?
We accept Visa/ Mastercard only.
10. Is tipping customary in Belize?
Tipping in Belize is not mandatory but is welcome and appreciated.
11. Is there an ATM at the resort?
We do not have an ATM at the resort, however there is only one ATM in the village that is five minutes walking distance from our boat station.
12. Is travel insurance recommended?
We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance in case of any trip cancellation, medical expense, lost bags, airport delays, or hurricanes.
13. Is the water safe to drink?
The tap water from the refrigerator is double filtered and safe to drink. However, bottled water is readily available at the onsite store and at our restaurant.
14. When is the best time to go to Belize?
The best time to visit Belize is during the dry season, December to May. Temperatures are cooler and rainfall is decreased, though it is not unusual to have rain. The driest months are February and March, and the temperature then peaks in April and May. Reduced rates are offered on the off-season and a good time to visit is during our Lobster Festival which takes place at the end of June beginning of July.
15. Is there any other resort on the north side?
The North side of Caye Caulker is currently being developed. Presently, we have Northside Beach Club formerly known as Koko King, and a recently opened small boutique hotel, El Ben.
16. Are pets allowed?
Pets are not allowed.
17. How do we get grocery if we are on the northside?
We do have an onsite grocery store where you can order your groceries in advance and delivered in your unit prior to arrival. Visit www.belizeprovisions.com
18. Is your restaurant open to the public?
Yes, our onsite restaurant and bar welcomes diners from all over the country. Reservations are highly recommended.
19. Can we pay a fee to use the pool?
Our pool is restricted for registered guest and residents only.
20. Does the resort provide roll away bed for extra person in the unit?
Sorry, no roll away beds are available.